Saturday, November 3, 2007

Uncertainty

This year has been full of uncertainty. In the past 3-5 months I have experienced uncertainty in almost all areas of my life. Whether it be my faith, whether it be my future, whether it be trying to figure out the person I've become and grown into these past 4 years at college, there seems to be one constant feeling of uncertainty. The hardest part has probably been the struggle of waiting for uncertainty to turn into certainty, the struggle of waiting upon the Lord to bring clarity to all the aspects of my life that seem so hazy and unclear. I'm pretty sure this isn't all chance, its probably happening for a reason. It's probably going to make me stronger, wiser, more prepared to take on whatever is out there waiting for me in the future. Anyways, this is all kind of weird to blog about because normally my blog entrys are of no real importance or seriousness usually consisting of some run on about how I love the Royals or random pictures, but through numerous conversations I know that alot of my friends and peers are going through alot of the same kind of stuff I listed above and I guess the whole reason for this entry is to state the fact ,to those who join me in this struggle for certainty, that God has a plan, a purpose for all our lives. He has ultimate provision over our lives and he knows what has been, what is, and what will be. Soooo He know's all so if we continue to trust in Him and persue Him with all we have and if we continue to ask like Matthew 7:6-8 says:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened"

Then He will provide us with the things that will help sustain us through these rough and uncertain times. I know this proccess is extremely exhausting and frustrating, but we must continue to seek, and strive, hunger for God even in times like these ,and those of us who do so I think will walk away from this experience stronger,wiser, closer to God then ever before.

I hope all this rambling made sense and was of somewhat of a help...

1 comment:

carsonbelmont said...

Aaron, I pray that you will find certainty in the Lord and lean on him. Read the over quoted Proverbs 3:5-6