Saturday, December 27, 2008


7. Pearl Jam “Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)”

Due to the fact that this is a greatest hits album you honestly can’t go wrong with this 2 disc album by Pearl Jam. It seems every time I pick up the album again after a recent hiatus I find a new song that I fall in love with. Eddie Vedder had “the voice” long before Creed, Nickelback, and a handful of other bands destroyed it. I honestly can’t believe I’m giving Creed or Nickelback the blessing of mentioning their names in this article. Hey, they may be good guys, but their music is so extremely ordinary and knock off (in my opinion)…ugggh..annnnnywaysss….Pearl Jam is one of the few great “rock bands” left. With Vedder’s raspy voice and Gossards incredible guitar prowess…anyone should be sold right off the bat, but for the thick-headed…it might just take a listen through both discs before one throw’s up the white flag. Since this is a 2 disc album, I’m going to give you 2 Top 3’s:

Disc 1

1. Animal
2. Rearviewmirror
3. Not For You

Disc 2

1. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
2. Off He Goes
3. Nothingman

No comments: